The 6 types of Zombie Villagers
Zombie Villagers' behavior is similar to normal Zombies' behavior. Zombie Villagers will pursue any Players within a 40-Block radius and will attack by swinging their arms at their target. The damage they do is inversely proportionate to their health, and will set Players on Fire if they themselves are on Fire. On Hard mode, Zombie Villagers are able to break down Wooden Doors.
Zombie Villagers can be 'cured' by splashing them with a Potion of Weakness and then feeding them a Golden Apple. This will convert them into Villagers after 2-5 minutes, and they will wear the robes they were wearing when they were normal Villagers.
While being cured, they will have Strength I on Easy and Normal Difficulty and Strength II on Hard Difficulty.
A Bow can be used to fight Zombie Villagers, although an Iron Sword or above is also useful. Some caution is needed though, because if a Zombie Villager is found near a Village, chances are the whole Village population may turn into Zombie Villagers and may gang up on the Player.
- Zombie Villagers appear to have the Nausea Status Effect.
- While in the process of being cured, they can still burn in sunlight.
- This includes using a Zombie Villager Spawn Egg.
- The Zombie Villager Butchers have slightly raised eyebrows.
- When a Zombie kills a Villager, the chance of the Villager becoming a Zombie depends on the difficulty. On Easy, it is 0%, on Normal, it is 50%, while on Hard it is 100%.
- Zombie Villager Spawn Eggs do exist. However, they were only obtainable through inventory editing or the
/giveCommand before Update 1.2.
- As of Update 0.16.0, Zombie Villagers have a chance to drop their weapons, if held.
- As of Update 1.0, Zombie Villagers have a "Cure" Button if they have been splashed with Potion of Weakness, and the Player approaches them with a Golden Apple in the hand.
- As of Update 1.2, Zombie Villagers now have their own Spawn Eggs.
- If you give the zombie villager a Sword using the
/replaceitemcommand, the sword will be held on it's shoulder.
- Bedrock Exclusive: Zombie Villagers wear a Villager's clothes instead of Steve's clothes.
- This is no longer a version exclusive, as of MCPC update 1.9.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit • Panda • Ocelot • Fish • Bat • Fox
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish • Phantom • Drowned
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin • Wolf
TamableWolf • Cat • Horse • Llama • Parrot
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey