- They will throw a Potion of Slowness if the Player is at least 8 Blocks away and does not already have the Slowness Status Effect.
- They will throw a Potion of Poison if the Player's health is at least 8 Health Points and is not already poisoned.
- They have a 25% chance of throwing a Potion of Weakness if the Player is within 3 Blocks and does not already have the Weakness status effect.
- If none of the above conditions are true, Witches use Potions of Harming.
On each AI tick when the Witch is not already drinking a Potion, it may choose to equip and drink a Potion. Drinking the Potion takes the Witch 1.6 seconds.
- When underwater and lacking Water Breathing, 15% chance of drinking a Potion of Water Breathing.
- When on Fire and lacking Fire Resistance, 15% chance of drinking a Potion of Fire Resistance.
- If damaged, 5% chance of drinking a Potion of Healing.
- If more than 11 blocks from the player, 50% chance of drinking a Potion of Swiftness.
If they are killed while drinking a Potion, they will drop the Potion they were drinking.
Witches are 85% resistant to damage from magic, including Poison, Instant Damage, and Thorns.
The best way to kill a Witch is to use a Bow. The Player can also use a Iron or Diamond Sword along with a Potion of Strength to kill them. The Player should also carry a Milk Bucket to remove any harmful effects cast upon them. It's recommended to use Armor if the Player is using a Sword to kill them instead of a Bow.
- If the Player kills a Witch during consumption of a Potion, it will drop that exact Potion as an item.
- During Update 0.14.0 build 1, Witch's foreheads were 5 PX, not 3PX. This was fixed in build 2.
- Witches look paler than Villagers.
- The Witch has a mouth. However, it is completely hidden by its nose.
- When they drink a Potion, their nose will lift up revealing their mouth.
- Witches make sounds similar to the Villager as well as villainous laughing sounds.
- They also make sounds similar to Villagers when they take damage.
- Witches will become neutral in Update 1.9.
- Mobs which can apply status effects on the Player include (listed in order of addition to Minecraft): Cave Spiders, Wither Skeletons, Witchs, Strays, Husks, Withers, Elder Guardians, and Shulkers.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit • Panda • Ocelot • Fish • Bat • Fox
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish • Phantom • Drowned
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin • Wolf
TamableWolf • Cat • Horse • Llama • Parrot
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey