Wheat can be grown on Farmland using Seeds, and once grown, can be harvested to obtain the Item. Wheat is a renewable resource because the Player will get seeds every time a crop is harvested. It can also be found naturally growing in Villages and in Dungeon Chests.
Bone Meal can be used to speed up the growth of the crop.
- 3 Wheat => 1 Bread
- 9 Wheat => 1 Hay Bale
- 1 Hay Bale => 9 Wheat
- 3 Wheat + 3 Milk + 1 Egg + 2 Sugar => 1 Cake
- 2 Wheat + 1 Cocoa Bean => 8 Cookies
Wheat can be used in a variety of food recipes. Besides this, it can also be used in Animal Farming to breed certain mobs and make them follow the Player.
- Wheat cannot be eaten.
- When the Player harvests Wheat, both Wheat and Wheat Seeds are dropped, hence making it possible to create huge farms with a singular seed.
- Villagers will pick up Wheat that is dropped.
- Wheat has a 54% chance of being found in Dungeon Chests.
- Wheat can be grown on Farmland without Water. But the Player must plant it quickly as the Farmland turns into Dirt after several seconds.
- This means that Wheat can even be grown in the Nether, where Water is unavailable.
- Wheat can be grown underground, if the Player provides sufficient light.
CropsCarrot • Wheat • Potato • Beetroot • Melon • Pumpkin • Sugar Cane • Cocoa Beans
FlowersTulip • Lilac • Azure Bluet • Poppy • Allium • Oxeye Daisy • Dandelion • Peony • Rose Bush • Blue Orchid • Sunflower
WildTall Grass • Double Tall Grass • Fern • Large Fern • Vines • Brown Mushroom • Red Mushroom • Cactus
TreesOak Tree • Spruce Tree • Birch Tree • Jungle Trees • Dark Oak Trees • Acacia Trees • Fallen Tree
SaplingsOak Sapling • Birch Sapling • Spruce Sapling • Jungle Sapling • Dark Oak Sapling • Acacia Sapling
The Nether/EndNether Wart • Chorus Fruit • Chorus Flower • Chorus Plant • Chorus Tree