Update 1.12 was a major update with focus on more technical aspects of the game such as Commands and Add-ons. The update released on July 9th, 2019 for most platforms and a day later on Android.
The following Betas were released for this update:
- Update 1.12/build 2 aka 22.214.171.124
- Update 1.12/build 3 aka 126.96.36.199
- Update 1.12/build 4 aka 188.8.131.52
- Update 1.12/build 6 aka 184.108.40.206
- Update 1.12/build 9 aka 1.12.09
- Update 1.12/build 10 aka 1.12.10
- Update 1.12/build 11 aka 1.12.11
- Update 1.12/build 12 aka 1.12.12
- Update 1.12/build 13 aka 1.12.13
- Update 1.12/build 14 aka 1.12.14
Commands and Gamerules
- Added spawnradius gamerule: Allows Players to specify a radius circle for other players to spawn in.
- Added sendcommandblockfeedback gamerule.
- Added new
- Added new
- Dedicated servers
- Item IDs
- Seed picker (10 New Seeds)
- "All blocks covered!"
- "IT came from space."
- "Rainbow turtle?"
- "Something funny!"
- "I need more context."
- "Don't worry, be happy!"
- "Water bottle!"
- "What's the question?"
- "Plant a tree!"
- "Go to the dentist!"
- "What do you expect?"
- "Look mum, I'm in a splash!"
- Seagrass and Bamboo
- Updated their textures to match Java Edition.
- Command Blocks
- Added auto complete to command blocks.
- Added a delay option to command blocks.
- Barrels have been removed from the Chest section and now have their own section in the Creative Mode Inventory.
- Cartography Tables and Lecterns now have added UI tooltips.
- Structure Block now has an outline when placed.
- Wandering traders and Zombie Villagers have new sounds.
- Villager Trading UI no longer opens and closes if the player is standing too far away.
- Clerics can now correctly pathfind to their job sites.
- Villagers that are actively trading with players will no longer run and hide if the raid bell rings.
- Added a sound to indicate when a villager does not want to trade, such as during a raid.
- Cured villagers now keep the jobs they had before becoming a Zombie.
- Converting a normal Pillager to a captain with the
/tagcommand now displays the banner correctly.
- Illager captains now drop Banners correctly even if the world is reloaded.
- New items can now be added with add-ons.
- Mob events can now be enabled and disabled.
- Animations and particles can be added without being linked to entities.
- Inventory, Armor, and hand containers can be adapted through scripting.
- Sound effects can now be triggered by animation events.
- Added new
/executeCommand to the Scripting API.
- Added Scripting events for interaction with items, for example:
- Item picked up
- Item dropped
- Carried item changed
- Added One-shot animation support, making it possible to execute a single animation on an entity.
- Particle emitters can now trigger scripting events.
- Added a screen to view content log errors.
- Custom blocks can now be added through Scripting.
- Custom blocks can only be placed with slash commands.
- Added new data-driven particles:
- Llama Spit
- Large Explosions
- Colored Flames
- Redstone Dust
- Falling Dust
- Enchanting Table
- Added new data-driven animations:
- Fang Attack
- Shulker Bullets
Music will now still play when the keyboard is being used.
- Menu screen
- The "Store" button has been renamed to "Marketplace".
- The Village & Pillage panorama should now properly appear instead of Update 1.8 or Update Aquatic.
Removed splashes referencing Notch:
- "Made by Notch!"
- "The Work of Notch!"