Update 0.9.0 was a major update for Minecraft. It was released on July 10, 2014 for all devices.
- Roofed Forest
- Taiga/Mega Spruce Taiga
- Mushroom Island
- Caves (currently no option to turn them off unless old terrain)
- Lava Pools
- Abandoned Mineshafts
- Stronghold with Libraries
- Far Lands and Stripe Lands
- Diorite, Granite, and Andesite, in normal and polished versions
- Mycelium (Mushroom Islands)
- Hardened Clay and Stained Clay (Up to 16 colors)
- Red Sand (in Mesa and Mesa Plateau Biomes)
- Podzol (Mega Taiga Biomes)
- End Stone (Creative Mode only)
- Packed Ice (Ice Spikes Biome)
- Emerald Ore
- Monster Spawners (Dungeons)
- End Portal Frame (Strongholds)
- Double Tall Grass
- Large Fern
- Acacia Sapling
- Jungle Sapling
- Dark Oak Sapling (Must be grown in 2x2 configuration; Cannot be grown individually)
Naturally Generated Blocks
These blocks has been added before, but are now naturally generated:
- Tall Grass
- Dead Bushes
- Stone Bricks
- Cracked Stone Bricks
- Mossy Stone Bricks
- Stone Brick Stairs
- Stone Slabs
- Iron Bars
- Monster Spawners
- Poppy (replaces the Cyan Flower)
- Blue Orchid
- Azure Bluet
- Tulips (available in all 4 colors)
- Oxeye Daisy
- Rose Bush
- Zombie Spawn Egg
- Creeper Spawn Egg
- Skeleton Spawn Egg
- Enderman Spawn Egg
- Silverfish Spawn Egg
- Slime Spawn Egg
- Spider Spawn Egg
- Zombie Pigman Spawn Egg
- Villager Spawn Egg
- Wolf Spawn Egg
- Mooshroom Spawn Egg
- Updated Inventory and Crafting screen, and Stonecutter screen.
- Invisible Bedrock gets removed if world is changed to Infinite.
- New textures for the tops and bottoms of Birch, Spruce and Jungle Wood.
- Biome-tinted Grass.
- New Gravel and Sapling texture.
- Spiders now spawn by leaves, creating a higher spawning rate of Spiders in forests at night.
Option to select world type
- Option to input the world's seed
Ability to pick world sizes
- Old (same as current size)
- New ways to obtain Nether-related items in Mineshafts, Dungeons and Strongholds.
- Gravel no longer falls from spawn
- Beds no longer restore Health
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.