- Purchase of Community Creations: Minecraft Marketplace allows the Player to purchase Skins, Worlds and Texture Packs created by the Community.
- Use of In-Game Currency: All items are purchased through in-game currency. Transactions are safe and easy.
- Safe Downloads: Features can be downloaded safely without fear of any malware.
- Connected to Xbox Live: The Player can share his/her downloads with friends over an Xbox Account.
- Minecraft coins: The currency of the Marketplace, Minecraft coins, are not available for free, they have to be purchased by the Player. Anywhere saying they are free is a scam.
The content in the Marketplace is submitted Minecraft Partners, and there are three important prerequisite in order to become a Minecraft Partner:
- Registered as a Business
- Potential partners must be registered business entities to enter into a formal partnership agreement with Microsoft and Mojang. You will be asked to provide business and tax details in the partner program application form.
- Proven Experience
- Potential partners should be able to provide a portfolio of high quality content they have previously created and shared with the Minecraft community. Content examples might include maps, Add-ons, Realms, skins, or hosted servers.
- Creativity and a Love for Minecraft
- We’re looking for passionate community creators to share their skills and imagination with the Minecraft players around the world.
The actual content of the Marketplace is best viewed in-game, but this list shows all the releases which was documented.