3-5 Iron Ingots,
An Iron Golem will spawn if there are at least 10 Villagers and 21 Wooden Doors in a Village. If the population of the Village is doubled, another Iron Golem will spawn. They can also be created manually by the Player by placing 4 Blocks of Iron in a T-Shape and placing a Pumpkin or Jack O'Lantern on top. Using Dispensers, Iron Golems can be spawned by putting a Pumpkin in the Dispenser, and then powering it on top of 4 Blocks of Irons, in a T-formation.
The Pumpkin or Jack O'Lantern must be placed last in order to create an Iron Golem.
Iron Golems attack all Hostile Mobs except Creepers and Ghasts. If in a Village, an Iron Golem will not walk away from the Village, because if it walks out of the Village "boundaries" then its Mob AI will take it back to the center of the Village.
The natural role of Iron Golems is to protect Villagers, but since they are Neutral they will not attack the Player unless the Player has very low popularity, attacks the Villagers, or attacks the Iron Golems.
- When the Iron Golem attacks a Mob, the Mob will be knocked into the air.
- This can indirectly kill the Mob by fall damage.
- This may also cause Mobs to fly over Fences.
- Iron Golems currently have the third highest Health of all Mobs in Minecraft, the second being the Ender Dragon, and the first being the Wither.
- Easter Egg: An Iron Golem's behavior of giving a Flower to a Baby Villager is a reference from an animated film called "Laputa: Castle In The Sky."
- Looting Enchantments on Swords do not affect the amount of drops from Iron Golems.
- Iron Golems have 100% knockback resistance, even using the Knockback Enchantment.
- It is possible to make an Iron farm by putting Doors and Villagers in a space and killing the Iron Golems that spawn; which will eventually spawn.
- Thus, Villages are not the only way Iron Golems spawn naturally in.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit • Panda • Ocelot • Fish • Bat • Fox
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish • Phantom • Drowned
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin • Wolf
TamableWolf • Cat • Horse • Llama • Parrot
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey