Evokers spawn naturally in certain rooms of a Woodland Mansion. They will not respawn after their initial spawn, thus there are a limited number of them per mansion.
The Evoker has two attacks - a Fang Attack and Vex Summoning.
The Evoker signals this attack by producing mauve smoke and a deep horn-like sound. A number of fangs rise out of the ground, then snap shut and vanish. These deal Hearts of damage to all Mobs.
This attack has two forms: offensive and defensive. The offensive form is used if the target is more than three blocks away, the defensive form if they are closer.
The Evoker signals this attack by producing off-white smoke and a higher-pitched horn-like sound. Between 2 and 4 Vexes appear nearby.
Wearing Diamond Armor makes the Evoker's attacks almost negligible, and makes it possible to use a strong melee weapon, like a Diamond Sword. However, if health is low and Armor is not available, a Bow is recommended.
- Evokers are one of two Illagers - the other being the Vindicator.
- Evokers are the only mob that can spawn a completely different mob that does not exist anywhere else, the Vex.
- The Evoker was originally going to wear a hat, similar to the Husk. This can be seen in "meet the Evoker".
- Easter Egg: If an Evoker is not engaged in combat, it’ll change the color of any nearby (within a 16 block radius) blue sheep to red. It will signal this by producing golden colored smoke.
- The Evoker will also make a "wololo" sound while performing this spell.
- This is a reference to Age of Empires.
- This will not happen if
/gamerulemobgriefing is set to false.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit • Panda • Ocelot • Fish • Bat • Fox
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish • Phantom • Drowned
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin • Wolf
TamableWolf • Cat • Horse • Llama • Parrot
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey