Cats will spawn in any type of Village. A black Cat may also spawn inside a Witch Hut.
- Tamed Cats will purposely try to sit on Chests, Beds, Furnaces, etc. to simulate the behavior of real cats. The Player cannot access it unless he/she pushes it off.
- Cats will hunt and kill Rabbits.
- Cats do not take fall damage, along with the Ocelot, Chicken, Snow Golem, large and medium Slime, Magma Cube and Iron Golem.
- Cats may, in rare cases, teleport close to a player without any notable reason.
There are eleven possible cat spawns:
- Tabby (Brown and white with yellow eyes)
- Tuxedo (Black and white with green eyes)
- Red (Orange and white with green eyes)
- Siamese (White and pale brown with blue eyes)
- British Shorthair (Silver with yellow eyes)
- Calico (Orange, white and dark brown with yellow and blue eyes)
- Persian (Creamy with blue eyes)
- Ragdoll (White and soft amber with blue eyes)
- White (White with light blue and yellow eyes)
- Jellie (Gray and white with gray-green eyes)
- Black (Black with orange eyes)
- Before Update 1.8, Cats were the tamed form of Ocelots. At this time, there were only three possible skins for a cat; Tabby, Tuxedo, or Siamese.
- A competition announced at Minecon Earth 2018 gave the opportunity for one real-life cat to be immortalised as the ninth cat skin. The winner of this competition was Jellie, whose owner is a YouTuber known as GoodTimesWithScar.
- The Tuxedo variant of Cats is based on Jeb's deceased cat, Newton.
- They are one of the five tamable Mobs, the others being Wolfs, Horses, Llamas, and Parrots.
- Cats like to sit on chests, beds, and active furnaces, mirroring the behavior of real-life cats.
- If a cat sits on a chest, it cannot be opened, and if one sits on a bed, players will not be able to sleep in it.
- A standing cat can breed with a sitting cat as normal, although only the standing cat will move. Likewise, two sitting cats WILL breed provided they are close enough to eachother. If either parent is sitting the baby will also be sitting.
- Wolves will not attack cats.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit • Panda • Ocelot • Fish • Bat • Fox
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish • Phantom • Drowned
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin • Wolf
TamableWolf • Cat • Horse • Llama • Parrot
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.