Bats spawn anywhere at a light level of 4 or less on opaque Blocks below Layer 63.
- Although they are Passive Mobs, they despawn after the Player moves too far away from them.
- This is because they are coded as Hostile Mobs.
- Bats don't recognize Lava as an obstruction, so they can easily fly into it, catch Fire and die.
- They can be very hard to kill as their hit-box is smaller than a Block and they can fly in all directions.
- The mobs which can fly include (listed in order of addition to Minecraft): Bats, Ghasts, Blazes, Withers, Ender Dragons, Vexes, and Parrots.
- They are the second weakest and smallest Mob in the game, after the Chicken.
- The Bat is one of three passive Mobs in the game to not drop a single Item (not even Experience), the other two Mobs being the Villager, and the Ocelot.
- Easter Egg: Between October 20 and November 4 (around Halloween), Bats spawn anywhere in a light level of 7 or less, instead of a light level of 4 or less.
PassiveSheep • Cow • Mooshroom • Pig • Bat • Villager • Chicken • Squid • Turtle • Rabbit • Panda • Ocelot • Fish • Bat • Fox
HostileZombie (Zombie Villager • Husk) • Skeleton (Stray) • Creeper • Slime • Spider • Cave Spider • Guardian • Vex • Vindicator • Evoker • Ghast • Blaze • Magma Cube • Wither Skeleton • Witch • Endermite • Shulker • Silverfish • Phantom • Drowned
NeutralZombie Pigman • Enderman • Spider • Cave Spider • Polar Bear • Dolphin • Wolf
TamableWolf • Cat • Horse • Llama • Parrot
BossesEnder Dragon • Wither • Elder Guardian
Utility MobsIron Golem • Snow Golem
JockeysSpider Jockey • Chicken Jockey
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.